adyn is on a mission to make scientific discovery more inclusive.
Our vision is to be earth's most inclusive and patient-centric personalized medicine company. We are living in the age of the “medical research gender gap”—a disparity that exists because the vast majority of biological literature is based on single sex studies of males. Research shows that achieving gender equality in science and medicine will improve our standard of care and long-term health outcomes, not just for women, but for everyone.
Our first product helps individuals identify the best birth control for their unique biology. We do this by integrating two biological readouts: genetics (read one time) and hormone levels (read multiple times throughout your life). By partnering with individuals, adyn provides medically actionable scientific insights and empowers them to proactively optimize their health—from birth control, to fertility, and beyond.
About the role
Our Product Experience leader brings design thinking, customer-centricity, and business acumen to create a culture of experimentation that drives product innovation. Key deliverables include: product vision, product strategy, collecting and sharing detailed user stories, prioritizing product development cycles, leading successful product releases, and establishing adyn as an exquisite and inclusive personalized medicine brand.
adyn’s Product Experience leader understands our scientific approach and drives product strategy by communicating vision and championing our mission. The Product Experience leader operationalizes product delivery to ensure we’re shipping quality products efficiently while providing excellent user experience. By facilitating the creation of new product iterations and offerings, they deliver value both to customers and the business. Influential and effective at prioritizing customer needs, this person collaborates cross-functionally with engineering, bioinformatics, design, customer success, and marketing to own and execute product discovery and product delivery throughout the customer journey.
In the first month you will
- Learn adyn’s scientific approach, product, GTM strategy, and review our existing UX
- Research and present an analysis of UX strategies and tactics found in the consumer digital healthcare space
- Collaborate with the team to determine initial product priorities (e.g., current product roadmap, strategic goals, hypotheses to test within current and future offerings) and initial project plans
- Create UX prototypes and supporting concept materials
In the first quarter you will
- Identify and strategically evaluate health partnerships/vendors (e.g., telemedicine and pharma delivery)
- Help plan pilot & define metrics of success (e.g., clinical, experiential)
- Collaborate on managing contractors and partnership needs for launch, including working with our engineering and design team on UI/UX
- Define metrics and KPIs related to product performance and track on an ongoing basis (business / clinical / engagement)
- Set and achieve commercial and strategic targets based on defined metrics
In the first year you will
- Conduct experiments and user testing to understand customer pain, identify opportunities for improvement, and use data to prioritize product evolution
- Iterate operational procedures to optimize cost, efficiency, and user experience while scaling
- Collaborate with engineering to prioritize feature development
- Collaborate cross-functionally to solidify the vision, set strategic direction, and drive alignment around company goals, to successfully deliver key product outcomes
- Synthesize the customer and business needs from competitive research, customer insights, user research and data to inform and drive the product strategy and roadmap forward
- Advocate for an outstanding content and product experience that inclusively meets the needs and addresses the challenges of all users
- Lead continual need-finding, iteration, concept development, business modeling, partnership strategy, and prioritization for new offerings across the product lifecycle (e.g., telemedicine, birth control delivery), in close collaboration with the team
- Act as a leader, identify talent required to grow the team, manage key personnel to shape product experience.
- Previous experience as a project or product manager, with a good understanding of technical dependencies
- Knowledge of project management frameworks and development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum)
- Strong data-driven thinking
- Experience driving go-to-market/launch plans
- Ability to build consensus within a high paced startup environment
- Ability to collect unbiased high-quality user feedback and apply findings to drive continuous improvement
- Inspire through storytelling
- Experience with healthcare industry (great to have)
If you're feeling excited about this job description we encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in our mission and believe they can contribute in any number of ways.
Please email email@example.com.
[Careers] Product Experience: Last Name, First Name.
Attach a resume. In the body of your email use 3 - 5 sentences to tell us how you exemplify any one of our 6 values.
Our work closes gaps created by decades of unequal access to medical research and healthcare. Our people practices (including hiring, compensation, and celebration) are similarly designed to close gaps in equity due to historical biases around gender, race, national origin or ancestry, socioeconomic status, age, LGBTQ+ identity, religion, conviction history, disability, neurodiversity, and genetic information.
Please note: applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.