adyn is on a mission to make scientific discovery more inclusive so everyone can live their healthiest life.
Our vision is to be earth's most inclusive and patient-centric personalized medicine company. We are living in the age of the “medical research gender gap”—a disparity that exists because the vast majority of biological literature is based on single sex studies of males. Research shows that achieving gender equality in science and medicine will improve our standard of care and long-term health outcomes, not just for women, but for everyone.
Our first product helps individuals identify the best birth control for their unique biology. We do this by integrating two biological readouts: genetics (read one time) and hormone levels (read multiple times throughout your life). By partnering with individuals, adyn provides medically actionable scientific insights and empowers them to proactively optimize their health—from birth control, to fertility, and beyond.
About the role
Our first growth hire is a lightning rod for adyn’s business—electrifying our impact with speed and precision. Growth is at the core of adyn’s mission—the larger our patient population, the further we advance the standard of care for all. This role has three core components: define the growth plan, experiment and execute growth initiatives, and implement strategic business initiatives to catalyze our R&D efforts. Data fuels this function.
Influential and effective at setting strategic growth goals, this person collaborates cross-functionally with engineering, bioinformatics, product, design, customer success, and marketing to deliver customer experiences that keep customers coming back. As a champion of our mission, this individual identifies partnerships with mission-aligned companies, non-profits, and academic institutions that help in one of three ways: increasing our customer reach, diversifying our offering, or accelerating our R&D. The individual who will thrive in this role sees ambiguity as an opportunity for solution finding, measurement, iteration, and ultimately celebrating successes.
In the first month you will
- Familiarize yourself with adyn’s scientific approach, product roadmap, creative strategy, and our existing marketing stack
- Research and present your own analysis of growth strategies found broadly in the consumer digital healthcare space
- Develop customer segments
- Draft strategy for paid search, social marketing, and retargeting
- Collaborate with Design, Product, and Content functions to start building programs that optimize user segmentation and content personalization strategies by influencing user attributes, behavior, and preference
In the first quarter you will
- Plan, automate, execute, optimize, and scale campaigns across channels
- Optimize our marketing tech stack to generate reliable data analytics, identifying meaningful insights and key drivers of engagement and churn
- Collaborate with Product, Design, Content, Creative and go-to-market functions to ensure that we are driving performance while powerfully communicating our brand and product through relevant, engaging content
- Recruit and manage outsourced vendors and contractors as needed to support campaigns
- Track, analyze, and interpret brand marketing channel ROI by setting channel specific CPA, LTV, ROAS KPIs and design dashboards tracking efficacy of marketing efforts and collaborate cross functionally to improve performance month over month
- Collaborate with the founding team on overall business strategy and budgeting for reaching customer acquisition and growth targets
- Identify and evaluate early partnership opportunities aligning to strategic growth goals
In the first year you will
- Architect and implement programs to acquire new users and foster loyalty/retention establishing adyn as a revolutionary precision medicine company delivering a new standard of care
- Collaborate with adyn’s founding team (Bioinformatics, Engineering, Product, Content and Customer) to increase campaign performance through better tooling, automation, and personalization throughout the customer journey
- Study user behavior and own consumer lifecycle
- Work with creative and content teams to develop brand assets and campaigns that keep customers highly engaged; including translating insights into testable hypotheses, leading ideation sessions, driving prioritization, and overseeing sprint cycles
- Experiment with new channels (e.g., Clubhouse)
- Develop attainable pricing models while enabling adyn to expand R&D efforts
- Explore partnerships and identify opportunities for adyn to diversify our offering and customer base
- Inspire capable talent to achieve tremendous results around revenue growth and ensure optimal customer experience
- Proven ability to leverage user insights to drive competitive strategy, improve and inform product roadmap, and overall company messaging
- Ability to take ownership of initiatives and be proactive about exploring and exploiting new opportunities
- Adaptability and quantitative thinking (also obsessed with funnel optimization, effective acquisition strategies, and enduring growth)
- Strong analytical skills (understanding of A/B testing and holdout test methodologies) and structured thinking (translating data insights into actionable solutions) capable of setting strategic directions for cross-functional collaboration
- Project management experience with the ability to indirectly lead, build consensus across diverse teams, and communicate effectively with a diverse range of stakeholders
- Extensive experience setting goals, managing a budget, building forecasts, and delivering against monthly spend, CPA, LTV, and ROI targets across all forms of marketing
- Experience building and launching acquisition strategies that either break-even or maintain strong CAC to LTV
- Deep expertise or ability to lead a team in email marketing (e.g., HubSpot), social (e.g., Facebook), and SEO/SEM
- Experience in understanding customer journeys and lifecycle marketing across owned and paid channels
- MBA preferred, but not required
If you're feeling excited about this job description we encourage you to apply. We're eager to meet people who believe in our mission and believe they can contribute in any number of ways.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Use the subject line formatting: [Careers] Growth: Last Name, First Name.
Attach a resume. In the body of your email use 3 - 5 sentences to tell us how you exemplify any one of our 6 values.
Our work closes gaps created by decades of unequal access to medical research and healthcare. Our people practices (including hiring, compensation, and celebration) are similarly designed to close gaps in equity due to historical biases around gender, race, national origin or ancestry, socioeconomic status, age, LGBTQ+ identity, religion, conviction history, disability, neurodiversity, and genetic information.
Please note: applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.